The Sustainability Festival 2019 will be held September 11th-14th
It's easy to become part of The Sustainability Festival - you just need a green idea, project, or product.
You can join in numerous ways
1. Participate with your own event during the days of the Festival.
2. Have a booth at the sustainability market on Aalborg Harbor Front (deadline May 1st)
3. Be part of the Green Waterfront (only for exhibitions)
You are welcome to participate in more ways than one! See the explanations below.
March 1st – The application for a free booth at the sustainability market opens
May 1st – Deadline for applying for a free booth at the sustainability market
May 15th – The registration for the event opens
May 30th – Workshop: How to make your booth attractive
July 1st – Deadline for text in printed program
September 11th – Deadline for text in the APP
September 11th-14th – The Sustainability Festival 2019
You are responsible for planning and running the event yourself.
You can sign the event up for the festival from May 15th - July 1st (for having your event in the printed program) or until September 11th for the online program in the app.
Locations for your event: If it is not possible for you to host the event yourself, WE have some agreements with different locations in Aalborg where you can set up. Please contact the place yourself.
It is free to be a part of the festival’s program. However, the festival cannot provide financial support to organizers.
Descriptions will be opened on May 15th, 2019.
Sustainability market booth
- You must apply for a booth no later than May 1st, 2019. You will receive an answer for your application no later than May 15th.
- The sustainability market is being held Friday September 13th 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturday September 14th 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Aalborg Waterfront. It is possible to set up early Friday morning.
- The stand / tent is 3x3 meters
- One table (approx. 80x180cm) will be provided pr. tent
- You will have access to electricity
- Remember to bring your own extension cords
- The stands must be taken down again immediately after Saturday where the market closes at 3 p.m.
*It is free to get a stand for the opening day, but we charge DKK 1000 if the stand is cancelled after August 15th or for being a no-show on the day itself.
**The deadlines above are set and exceptions are NOT made.
***We award the stands to organizers who provide an exciting sustainable description for activities in the booth. We focus on the sustainability of the activity and the inclusion of the visitors. We focus on the sustainable history and opt out of organizers who only have sales in mind.
If you have any questions, please contact us at +45 2520 2194.
Applications will be opened on March 1st, 2019.
Become a part of the Green Waterfront
The entire festival will be filled with various exhibitions and activities that visitors can enjoy and learn from along the waterfront. This year we have a special focus on upper secondary education, who we invite to the Waterfront for a learning environment.
If you have a product or an idea that can become part of the Green Waterfront, please contact us at +45 2520 2314.
In order to clarify our roles during the festival, we have designed an expectations-form, in which we briefly describe the division of roles and provide good advice for planning your event and marketing it.
The sustainability festival takes place in Aalborg but is for the whole of North Jutland and Denmark. The Sustainability Festival, however, focuses on the local, so that organizers from North Jutland are prioritized in terms of city places etc.
Come join us!
To create the best framework for The Sustainability Festival, it is important to know what to expect from each other. Below is what you can expect from us and what we expect from you as organizers. It will also entail recommendations for you - based on our previous experiences. We look forward to creating a fantastic sustainability festival with you!
Center for Green Transition:
- Prepares a joint marketing for all of The Sustainability Festival's events
- Coordinates events
- Applies for permits to use Aalborg's squares and areas
- Holds info meetings so that organizers can meet and exchange ideas and experiences
- Sends newsletters so that organizers and participants are regularly updated about the festival
Center for Green Transition expects the following from you, the organizers:
- Plan your own event
- Bring the necessary props that you would like to use (tables, chairs, material for eye-catching etc. Especially aimed at organizers in tents on the opening day)
- Are in charge of all costs regarding your event and competitions, giveaways etc.
- Design your event description based on the template on our website and select at least one image that supports your participation in The Sustainability Festival
- Announce your event to your network via social media, the local newspaper, newsletter etc.
We strongly encourage you to prepare your event well in advance. This will increase our chances of giving it more visibility, as we publish the event description we get from you, as soon as possible. You should also consider whether there are people or companies in your network that you can join efforts with to increase the number of interested participants. Also, if you actively participate in our info meetings it will provide better circumstances for your event. Notice that the deadlines above are set, and exceptions are not made.
Do you have any questions?
If have any doubts, please do not hesitate to contact us here*, or call on +45 2520 2172.
Keep yourself up to date with the newsletter about information meetings, workshops and what else happens regarding The Sustainability Festival.